Today, the Internet is one of the most powerful communications tools available. But along with this technology comes a commitment to oversight, especially in the banking industry. At Steele Street Bank & Trust, we take every step necessary to ensure the protection of our customers' financial identities by using the latest industry standards and proven technology.
To further strengthen this protection, there are several steps you can take as well.
- Change your PC and online passwords frequently.
- Use complex login passwords, including capitals, numbers and special characters. Whenever possible, use 8 character passwords.
- Install antivirus software on your computer at work and home.
- Monitor your email activity.
- Don't open attachments or click links on strange web sites.
For more information on Internet security and protecting your financial identity, visit the helpful sites under "Quicklinks" on this page. And as always, please do not hesitate to contact us in person should you have any questions.